Starr Valley Conservation District
To take available technical, financial, and educational resources, whatever their source, and focus or coordinate them so that they meet the needs of the local land user for conservation of soil, water and related resources.
Planning and Service
Provide for involvement of other agencies, organizations and individuals in the annual planning and implementation of district operations and program.
- Identify and prioritize Resource Concerns within the District in order to coordinate with the NRCS in resource planning and program implementation
- Provide support for the current Farm Bill Programs.
- Continue coordination with all agencies on water quality problems when identified within the District.
- Provide technical assistance to land users on planning and implementation of conservation practices.
- Assist NRCS on outreach programs to insure that all land users are aware of available assistance.
- Cooperate with the Northeastern Nevada Stewardship Group on various projects.
- Work with High Country RC&D Area, Inc. and Wells Rural Electric Company to create Ag Energy Efficiency Opportunities within the district.
- Work on the issues of a Sage Grouse Management Plan with the Elko County Commissioners and other collaborating agencies and groups.
Noxious Weed Control Program ?
- Continue and monitor a biological control project along the Ruby Mountains in coordination with the Lamoille & Jiggs Conservation Districts and the Northeastern Nevada Stewardship Group. ?
- Participate in the Elko County Cooperative Weed Management Area ?
- Coordinate with the Union Pacific Railroad on right of ways in a Noxious Weed Control program. ?
- Work in cooperation with the Clover Valley Conservation District on a Noxious Weed Control Program in the Bishop Creek Canyon and surrounding area.
Equipment Program ?
- Manage the district equipment program for benefit of cooperators in implementing conservation practices.
Misc. Programs/Projects ?
- Continue an Insect Control Program for the District as needed. ?
- Develop plans for green strips throughout the Starr Valley District.
- Information and Education Program
- Sponsor participants to the annual Range Camp if there are applicants.
- Provide assistance to schools within the District on conservation education as requested.
- Hold an annual meeting to inform all cooperators on District activities.
- Cooperate with the Wells FFA chapter on various projects and support when needed.