Planning and Service
Provide for involvement of other agencies, organizations and individuals in the annual planning and implementation of district operations and programs.
- Identify and prioritize Resource Concerns within the District in order to coordinate with the NRCS in resource planning and program implementation
- Continue cooperation with the NRCS on the snow survey program.
- Provide support for the current Farm Bill Programs.
- Continue cooperation with all agencies on water quality problems when identified within the District.
- Provide technical assistance and support, to land users in planning, implementation, and maintenance of conservation practices.
- Assist NRCS on outreach programs to insure that all landusers are aware of available assistance.
- Participate with and support the North Eastern Nevada Stewardship Group.
- Support the collaboration, planning and implementation of plans for the Shoesole plan involving the Cottonwood, Boies and Home Ranches under the Resource Collaborative Planning Program.
- Collaborate on projects pertaining to Sage-Grouse Habitat Management with the State of Nevada Sagebrush Ecosystem Council and other cooperating agencies and groups.
Noxious Weed Control Program
- Dominant species: short white top, Canada thistle and leafy spurge ?
- Continue treatment in the Crittenden Reservoir Area ?
- Continue spot treatments along Elko County Roads ?
- Implement GPS mapping of Weed infestations within the District to identify problem areas. ?
- The District maintains two GPS units to assist in accurate mapping ?
- Continue providing non-restricted chemical and equipment for cooperators on Noxious Weed control efforts
- Continue cooperation with the Elko County Cooperative Weed Management Area and support the Weed Summit.
- Maintain involvement/communication with the Goose Creek Weed Management Area and the Humboldt River Watershed Cooperative Weed Management Area.
Equipment Program ?
- Manage the district equipment program for benefit of cooperators in all areas of the District in implementing conservation practices. ?
- Continue equipment maintenance agreement with Wells High School shop and FFA.
Information and Education Program
- Sponsor participants to the annual Range Camp, if funding is available.
- Provide assistance to schools within the District on conservation education.
- Provide scholarships to students who plan higher education in agriculture/ resource management or related fields, if funding is available.
- Cooperate with the developing Great Basin College Agriculture Department for educational programs and sites for the programs.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of HabitatCAN.
Northeast Elko Conservation District is not employed by or affiliated with the Habitat Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
- Conservation Districts
Create an Account to make additions or corrections to your profile.
Contact Northeast Elko Conservation District
555 W Silver St #101
Elko, NV 89801Phone: